We have moved our blog to http://elliottandholly.blogspot.com.

You will be automatically redirected to the new blog.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Swinging x2

Swinging update: Yesterday Elliott got to swing at Aunt Sarah's house. The report was that he was out there for 1/2 an hour happily swinging with little cousin Caleb in baby swing - back to back. When we picked E up he went back in the swing, with Grace, for a bit and loved it! Check out those fat knees! Also, look at Grace's amazing hair! I'm so jealous that Sarah got a curly red-headed baby.

I have the feeling I'll be spending many afternoons in the backyard pushing a swing this summer.

Elliott is still on the verge of crawling. He'll get up to his hands and knees and rock back and forth - a lot! Dan said he did some forward progress in his crib yesterday. I'm not sure if that was because he was able to push off the sides or just that he was finally able to do it.

I'm looking forward to the long weekend of sun! Yay, it's finally sunny in Portland :)

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Changes Ahead

I think a lot of my family and friends in town already know, but I thought I'd do a bit of an update on the blog as well. As of June 3rd I will be a stay at home mom - mostly. When I was still pregnant Dan and I talked a lot about what to do for childcare for Elliott. As I'm sure most people know, daycare is very expensive. We were lucky enough to get Elliott into a great daycare that is amazingly close to our house (1 minute walk) two days a week. I was able to work 4 days a week. my mom and my sister, Sarah, were good enough to help care for Elliott on the other days. But...that wasn't really a long term plan. So, a week ago I talked to my manager and put in my notice - I also gave a one month warning for them. Well, they countered back asking if I was able to work about 10 hours a week...from home!! This is perfect for us as I was going to try to do a bit of part time work during the summer anyways.

I'm excited about being able to stay with Elliott full time. It's hard being away from him during the day. I usually leave home at 7am and he's still sleeping. So I usually only get 4 hours with him in the evening. I am a little nervous about not working. What will I do to fill up all that time? (I'll probably look back at that comment and laugh sometime soon) Hopefully Dan isn't going to be driven crazy by us both being at home all the time.

My last few weeks at work I'm suppose to be writing work instructions for everything that I do. I'm blogging to keep my mind going, work instructions can be very boring to write! I should get back to it though. I'll get another post on here in the next day or two of Elliott.


Monday, May 4, 2009

Six Month Old Monkey

Elliott had his six month check up this afternoon. He's weighing in at a hefty 18 lbs, 4.5 oz. Amazingly that's only 70% for babies. What do the other 30% look like? Also, amazingly, when I was a year old I was 19 lbs! E is also 28" long, 90%. Guess that means he's getting his height from Dan and not from me.

We had a pretty busy April and May looks to be the same. This past Saturday we took Elliott to the Portland Timber's soccer game. It's a minor league soccer team, but Portland is hoping to push through getting an MSL team by 2011. With my horrible luck, we are now all sick. :( Hopefully it's just a quick cold and we'll be better soon.

Here are some recent pictures of Elliott as he practices to sit and crawl around the house. Also, some from our trip to the beach last month.

This one doesn't even look like him to me: